How today was planned:
- Get up around 7:30 for a nice shower, pack, and breakfast with dad
- 8:30 - David drives me to the bus station
- 9:00 - I get on the bus to Bangkok Airport
- 12:00 - I get off the bus, after a wee snooze, drop the bag into left luggage
- 12:30 - take the SkyTrain to central Bangkok, two changes and right at the hotel door
- 1:00 - Check in, have another shower and have a nice lunch with Mat Newman
How it actually happened:
- 12:30 - leave bar
- 2:30 - finish whisky and go to bed
- 7:30 - sleep through alarm that I'd forgotten to set
- 8:35 - David comes to flat and shouts 'GET UP'
- 8:37 - throw everything into suitcase, forgo shower, get into car
- 8:49 - get out of car, get onto bus with seven minutes to spare
- 9:00 - on bus, snooze.
- 1:00 - arrive at Bangkok Airport.
- 1:30 - FINALLY find the left luggage, deposit bag, try and find train.
- 2:00 - Get off at designated stop. Try and find other train line. Its not there
- 2:15 - get into a Tuk-Tuk - a three wheeled taxi - and get stuck in Bangkok traffic
- 2:45 - arrive into hotel, they're fully booked, take 25 minutes to check in
- 3:30 - finally go to Mat's room and start catching up.
So basically the outcome - a fresh as a daisy version of me gets to meet Mat. Only a few hours late.
Difficulty: No roaming data, so no internet available whilst in transit. So no maps, etc. But hey, I made it.