The news is a buzzing about Microsoft offering to take over Yahoo!. The joint company - presumably not called MicroHoo - might be large enough to compete with Google. My thoughts
- Why offer 62% over the asking price for a failing company?
- Microsoft have failed at on-line, and are buying themselves back into the game.
- Is Microsoft going to abandon the products that actually make them money - Operating systems and Office - in this rush Online?
- And when did two 'bads' make a good? How on earth do they expect to continue to compete with Google unless they actually start providing the stuff the consumer needs. Something both companies have not done to date.
- If I were still an MS customer, I'd sell now.
- Good news for the competition, as MS focus now moves to Yahoo!, merger, online. All other products and portfolios fail.