At the Blogging Q+A, Mike Rhodin was asked some questions. Now it should be noted that I've tried to summarise them as much as possible, and of course I may have misinterpreted the language used. So any mistakes are mine, these are not direct quotes, etc. Bearing that in mind:
- Chris Miller: Web 3.0 ?
Mike: Some interesting developments in the Web 3.0 arena. IBM 'Innovate' is a good example of a 'game orientated' training system. See the things in the innovation lab...
- Whats the most disruptive technology you've seen?
- Yancy: What did you have to cut from OGS to make it fit:
Web 2.0, Innovation labs, (and a very long list of features). The intent was to allow each product to announce more during the show in their own presentations.
- John Head: Hosted eMail - whats your take?
Foundations will ulimately allow the customer to choose whether the applicaton is hosted locally or centrally hosted.
- Rob Novak: can we eradicate ActiveX controls ?
- Richard Swartz: Can we get more lotus certification available for SMB's
- Mitch: More TV's for the game
- Mitch: Toolbars for Lotus Connections?
Working with public sites.
- me: You versus the competitors ?
Huge amounts of investment, lots of new products - surprised them. Core Notes franchise is doing well. And since the main competitors send at least 20 people to the show...
- Bruce Elgort: Nifty fifty?
All templates are being revised.
- Alexander Klude: What is in BlueHouse for BP's ?
Its a framework, its open.
- Warren Elsmore: Foundations: How to sell to SMB?
We will leverage some of the skills aquired with Nitix
- Matt White: Designer on Mac?
It would be a very good thing to do
- Nathan: How can we leverage more people to develop product?
Were interested in leveraging new models such as greenhouse, Wiki's.
I think the best thing to take away from this is that Lotus are treating bloggers in a web 2.0 kind of way - and are prepared to set aside serious conference time to answer bloggers questions. I also think the senior management were very prepared to answer any question... Kudos to Mike and the team for running this again.